Me 2013

Me 2013

Monday, March 24, 2014

Luckiest Person in the World!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

So I had a great week. Nothing too different this week. You know wake up everyday at 6:30 get ready, eat breakfast, study, teach, eat again, teach again, eat again, and then return to my room to get ready to do it again the next day. But I have been doing some thinking. Lots of people ask me if I miss my family or Friends back home. And the answer is yes, but I am the Luckiest Person in the World to be here in Peru serving the Lord. The people here in Peru are amazing, and I have grown to love them so much. I have so much love for this people especially in my area since I will be compelting 6 months in this area next month. There is nothing more satisfying then teach, and preach the gospel. I have seen lives literaly changed. I have one example...

So I don´t know if you remember my first baptism, but I will do a quick reminder. Graciela was a less active member who served a mission in her youth, and has a child. Anthony was the father of the child, but he wasn´t a member nor was he married to Graciela. Anthony didn´t have a job, and there financial stress also was putting a strain on there relationship. Well Elder Muhun and I began to teach them. We got them married and got Anthony baptised. Now lets skip forward to today. First of all with the help of the ward we found Anthony work. Also with the wonderful message of the Gospel in there lives, they have more peace and happiness in there home. Anthony has been called to a Ward Missionary and Graciela has been called to the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society. We are preparing Anthony to revieve the Melchezdek Priesthood so they can get sealed in the Lima Peru Temple next year! Anthony is also excited to baptise his son in 2 years! It is just amazing!!!!! No? 

So our baptism last week didn´t happen. The Father was out of town working, so we changed it to this Saturday. We have to wait for the Dad because he is the one baptising Leyle his 18 year old daughter. She has been super excited about getting baptised, and I can´t wait for her baptism. 

So things are doing great. Thanks mom for the packages. Thanks everyone for the letters and emails this week. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Peabody

No comments:

Post a Comment