Me 2013

Me 2013

Monday, March 17, 2014

Another week

Querido Familia y Amigos,

It has been a long week! The days are long and it is really hot here in Peru. I am so tired by the time I return to my room at night. We have had a lot happen this week. Seminaries started and Institute started so my companion and I along with the YSA leader and the Leader of Seminary went to visit a lot of memembers who should be participating in seminary or Institute but aren´t. We got a lot to start going to seminary and institute. We have plans to get even more to assist. 

We have one baptism for this Saturday. Her name is Leyle and she is the daughter of a member. She had been living with her mom who is not a member but she turned 18 and decided she wanted to live with her dad. we have been teaching her for about two weeks now and she is really excited to have her dad baptise her this saturday.

On wednesday we had a Mormon Batalion in the Ward Chiclayo Central. We got 8 missionaries and then each missionary split off with members and contacted as much as we could and taught lessons. We are doing it again this week in a different area. The one after this one will be in my area, and we are hoping to find a lot of new investigadors. 

This Sunday we had a suprise visit in our ward Priesthood meeting. A member of the 70 who is in the area presidencey for Chiclayo Peru was visiting and spoke to us. He gave a great message about how it is the members responsibility to love there families and friends enough to introduce them to the missionaries. He also said not to just introduce them but visit your family and friends who aren´t members with the missionaries. The missionaries are called to preach the doctrine of the Gospel, while the members can be there to show there love. He said sharing the gospel works best this way. I thought it was a great message for our wards Priesthood. 

Well that was basically my week. I have had to run from a few dogs, chase a few investigadors trying to leave church, I´ve eaten some chicken feet soup and oh yeah there was an earthquake. I could hardly feel it but I guess it was a big thing for the people here in Chiclayo. Everyone acted like it was a giant earthquake, but it wasn´t a small one. Or maybe I am just used to bigger ones in California. Anyways I had a great week. Thanks for the emails and letters. I hope everyone has a great week.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Peabody

No comments:

Post a Comment