Me 2013

Me 2013

Monday, January 13, 2014

Week #18

Dear Family and Friends,
What a fantastic week. We had two baptisms. The first baptism was on Friday. His name is Kevin, and I live in his parents house. He has known the Missionaries for 3 years and he finally got baptised. It was amazing because many missionaries know him, and were able to come to his baptism. My mission President, President Risso came also!  My second baptism this week was on Saturday. We baptised Donitilla, a 75 year old. Her two grandsons were baptised 5 months ago. I was afraid she wasn´t going to enter the water because she said she wouldn´t enter the water if it was cold. And well here in Chiclayo Peru we don´t have warm water for baptisms... Luckly we had no problems. 

So sad news. My companion I have had for the past 12 weeks, Elder Muhun, has a transfer tommorrow. So I am getting a new companion. I am nervious and a little excited. The good news is I finished my 12 week training as a new missionary! 

I don´t know what more to say... Things are great. It is getting even hotter. We are having more sucess because it is summer and no one has school. We met a guy with cancer, and he says he wants to be baptised. I don´t know how we are going to get him baptised because he is too sick to leave his house. I think it will work out. We had a new investigator go to church this weekend. Her name is Gladys and she is 70 years old. She really enjoyed it, and participated a lot. From what I have heard I only have six more weeks in Chiclayo Central, 9 de Octubre, and then I will get transfered somewhere else. I would really like to go out to the mountains in Cajarmarca, or to the Jungles in Jaen. But I know I will go where the Lord Needs me.

It has been great to hear from all of you. Thanks for the emails, and letters and all the prays.

Love 

Elder Peabody

No comments:

Post a Comment