Me 2013

Me 2013

Monday, December 2, 2013

Week #12

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been an amazing week. Antonio finally commited to be baptized on the 14 of December! I am super excited. We are really going to push for that date, but we still need to get them married first. He has an interview with the Bishop this week about getting married. The Bishop is going to help pay for the marriage. I am just praying he agrees to get married really soon, or we will have to push back his baptism date. He is a golden investigador, he just needs to get married. Other then that we have a few other investigadors, but no baptism date. One Indida can´t have a baptism date because her husband doesn´t believe in marriage. Her mom Donitilla, says she needs more time. I think Donitilla will come around soon. She has been coming to church every week! We also met a new family. They are really nice, but I am not sure how interested they are in the Church. We are trying to get them to come to church atleast once! 

So tommorrow is our first cambio or change. And guess what!!! I get to keep my companion Elder Muhun!!! Everyone thought he was going to leave! I prayed so hard that he wouldn´t. He really is an amazing companion. I wouldn´t be able to lead the area without him. He has all ready been here for 4 and a half months. I guess we will make it 6 months for him.

So this week every light in Chiclayo went out. I don´t know how big Chiclayo is exactly but from my roof I can´t see the end of it. It is the 3rd largest city in Peru. Anyways my companion and I had just finished up and appointment and were late for another. So we took a small short cut. It was night time, and I knew the area we were going in was kinda dangerous, so I asked my companion if it was safe. He was like we will be fine, we will just go in and right out. Anyways we took like 5 more steps after that, and !!!!!!!! We couldn´t see our hands in front of us! My companion and I immediately turned around because we didn´t want to be in that kinda dangerous area especially without light. We made our way back to our apartment without being able to see. The Black out lasted for like 30 minutes. 

Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I can´t believe it´s all ready december. I heard for Christmas we eat a big Turkey, so I will celebrate Christmas and Thankgiving this year together. Thanks for all the prayers and support. And thanks for the emails and letters. Sorry if I didn´t have time to respond to personal emails today. I am always rushed for time. Anyways have a good week and enjoy the photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment