Me 2013

Me 2013

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feliz Navidad and a Happy New Year

Dear Family and Friends,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Sorry I couldn´t email yesterday. They changed our day to email this week, because they didn´t want us out prosilytizing today, because there are going to be a lot of parties, and a lot of people aren´t going to be home. 

My Christmas was great. I was so happy to skype my family. It was great to talk to you guys, and even eat dinner with you guys. What did you think of my prayer in Spanish... I thought it was pretty cool. Christmas is similiar here, but here in Peru they don´t wait for the morning to open presents, they open them at Midnight. I got new shoes, which I needed. I also got a new tie. And of course I got my Families package. Thanks for the Skittles and Peanut butter. Those where two things I missed. I also really like the Thomas S. Monson Book you sent. I read it before I go to bed! And of course thanks everyone for all the letters. I got a lot! 

Also I told my family all ready, but I had a small accident this week. I was walking and sprained my ankle, and then fell and hit my head on some metal bars of someones house... I got three stitches!!! But it is fine, and the stiches are all ready removed. My ankle hurts more. But I was lucky, and nothing is really bad. The Mission President told me I need to be more careful when walking. But sometimes it is hard when all you have are dirt roads, and the aren´t flat. Even when we are lucky to have sidewalk, it isn´t a perfect sidewalk. Anyways, I will try to be more careful. 

On a brighter side, we had a baptism this week. Antonio was baptised. He wasn´t married so we couldn´t baptise him before. But we Planned there wedding, and planned there baptism for the same day. I am sure it isn´t the first time Missionaries have planned a wedding, but it was my first. And I didn´t know you don´t plan a wedding the day before. Lucky the Relief Society President in our ward said she would take care of the Reception which would take place after the baptism. So we just had to worry about the Civil Marriage in the Big Library in Chiclayo Central. My Companion and I were the Witnesses for the marriage. The Civil Marriage was great and they had a lot of family present. The Civil Marriage was at 1pm. The baptism was at 6. It was an amazing experience, because it was more then just a baptism, or my first baptism. It is a family becoming and Eternal Family. In one year, they will be able to go to the Lima Temple and be sealed as a family, and in two years Antonio will be able to baptise his son Joshua. 

Tonight is New Years Eve. It is celebrated a little different here. They stay up till midnight and at midnight every house has a scarecrow in front of there house, and they light it on fire, and then everyone lights fireworks. Christmas had fireworks too. It is cool to see them going off all around you, because everyone in the city is setting them off. I heard there are even more for New Years.

Anyways I hope everyone had a good Christmas, and will Have a Happy New Year. I look forward to 2014, an entire year as a Missionary. I know it will be a great year. I attached a few photos also. I wish I could attach all my photos, but that would take me forever. But I hope you enjoy the ones I attached.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Peabody

No comments:

Post a Comment