Me 2013

Me 2013

Monday, December 23, 2013

Week #14 Feeling the Heat

Dear Family and Friends,

Good News! Antonios Baptism is set for the 28th of December, and his wedding is the 27th of December. Everything is payed for and we have no more problems as of now. My companion and I get to  be the wittnesses for there marriage. Also this week was the Primary program in my ward. It was fantastic. I just absolutly love seeing the primary kids share what they know about the Gospel. It was really cool to listen to them sing in spanish. I even understood just about everything they were saying. So I guess summer here is a popular time to repaint houses. We painted two last week, and I have two more planned for this week. 

So the other day I was talking with a Sister Missionary in my Zone. I saw she was from Nova Scotia Canada, because she got a post card from home that said Nova Scotia. So I told her about President Jacobsen, who was the Mission president of Nova Scotia. And she was like ¨Yeah, I met him once, and shook his hand¨ Pretty cool no! 

So this week I made it to my three months in Peru. There are a few things I want to share that I have learned in three months.

First. Something my Teacher in the CCM said was ¨Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet vocie at the end of the day, saying, I will try again tommorrow.¨I enjoy my mission everyday, but it isn´t always easy. I get dorrs slammed on me, Investigadors who decide they don´t want to be baptised or go to church anymore, and I have to tell myself all the time ´I will try again tomorrow´ It has helped so much to have a postitive attitude. 

Second. MY companion has taught me that a goal not written is simply a wish. As a missionary we have daily, weekly, and Monthly goals. Elder Muhun has me right them down and tape them to the mirror in our room. Looking at my goals especially for learning a new language, Castellano, really helps me stay focused. 

Third and last. My Penchinista is amazing. She is a Catholic woman and isn´t LDS, but absolutly loves the Missionaries. She has a quote on her wall that says, ¨Service is the very purpose of life, it is the rent we pay for being on this planet¨ My cook serves the missionarys every day. And she loves it. Service is so important, and I am so grateful for the oppurtunity to serve people every day.

I hope Everyone is having a good Holiday season!!!

Love

Elder Peabody

No comments:

Post a Comment