Me 2013

Me 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013

I made it to Chiclayo!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry it has been awhile. This is my first p'day in the mission field. I do not even know where to start. Obviously I am in Chiclayo. We left super early and flew here. It was a nice trip, but it was hard to say goodbye to all the people I met in the CCM. Anyways we got to eat pizza hut pizza at the mission home. It was nice to have. After we found out who our new companions were and wehere we were going. My new companion is..... Elder Muhun!!!!!! And my new zone is Chiclayo Centrel and my ward is 9 de Octubre! If you look at the last picture I attached, that is my area. It doesn´t look like much but there are some great people!

The First day was crazy. We taught so many lessons, and I even taught. I had some sort of Idea that I wouldn´t teach my first day. We do have someone cook all three of our meals for us. It is wonderful and I am so greatful for that. She is very nice. She is not a member. She is Catholic and loves to serve the Missionaries. Her children are members. So I eat really good food. Someone does our laundry also. Church was cool. We have like 50 people attending. No one plays the piano, so we sing without it. We have two invedigators attenting. One is Anthony, and he told us at church he did not like the mormon church or Book of Mormon before but after going to chuch he does. His wife and son are baptized. The other Nellie wants to be baptized but she lives with her boyfriend, and he doesn´t want to get married. They have a son Gonzalo who is all ready baptized and is wonderful. We are teaching another family where the sons our baptized. Eric and his two brothers are members, but the mom can´t be baptized because she lives with her boyfriend. It is pretty tuff because you can´t just segust they find somewhere else to live because they hardly have anything. 

There are some nice areas. Like where my cook lives. We hang out there a lot. My apartment is not to bad. We just rented out a floor of another family. They are not members. Did I mention everything is dirt here. Yah so my shoes get pretty dirty. It is called Polvo in spanish. There is so much wind here that the Polvo gets everywhere. There is always a thin layer of Polvo (Dirt or Dust) everywhere. It makes me cough a lot but I am fine. My companion coughs worse, but he has been in this area for 3 months.
Oh yah so my companion Elder Muhun. He is awesome, and doesn´t speak English. He is from Guatamala! He is a really good trainer and I am learning alot. He has been on his mission for 15 months. Basically though I don´t get to speak English unless we have a district meeting. Elder Jarman my first companion from the CCM is in my Distict here. Our spanish is really increasing being here out in the field.

There are alot of parties on the weekends. They also had a Catholic saint holiday party thing this weekend. They pretty much party all night. I do not know much about Catholics but I am learning. 

Nellie our investigator has a question about why we have Angel Moroni on top of the Temples. I read in Moroni 10 and looked in a few chapters in the Doctrines and Covenants, but if anyone knows more let me know! Thanks! 

Genevieve I am glad you can cook! Thanks for the Pictures and the motivational speach. You stay strong haha! 

Brother Haws I attached a picture of me and your Nephew. 

Hope thanks for writing. Good luck with your wisdom teeth. And what are you studying in Utah... Phlebotomist... Good luck with that too. And thanks for emailing me.

Mom, and family I love you. I want you to know that I am doing perfect. Yes there are a lot of bugs, and things aren´t the cleanest I have seen (they are actually the dirtiest) but I am great. I had to kill like 10 Cockaroaches in the baptism font this week... but  I haven´t got sick, and I haven´t eaten anything that has made me sick. I am super safe. There are like a million locks on our door, and my companion knows the area. There is one area where we can´t go at night, and one area that we can´t go ever because of gangs or something. They call it something else, that just translates to bad boys. It gets a little cold at night but I have my Chompa. And yah my Pdays are on Monday just to let everyone konw. and I am only allowed to send 2 letters a month.... But I would love to recieve letters or emails, or anything. Now would be a good time, because I will definately be here for the next 3 months, and possible longer. Well I hope I didn´t forget anything! 

One more thing. If you want to send me something send it to the Mission Home. I live like 10 minutes away. I think I put the Mission home address on my facebook coverphoto and it should be on my blog. 

Love,

Elder Peabody

No comments:

Post a Comment