Me 2013

Me 2013

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week #4 in CCM

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Wow! Thanks for all the emails this week. I am going to try responding individually to everyone if I have time, but we do not get much time and the computers are slow. This week was amazing. I loved General Conference so much. I do not know if being a Missionary gave me special insights but this was definately the best General Conference ever. I love hearing from the Prophets and Apostles.
 
Oh and mom it was great to hear from you!!!!! I do not need another pair of Pants, the Hermanas in my district helped me fix them and stuff. We have had a few other people fall also, so it isn´t just me. I have no idea what is wrong with my Lap Top back home Mom. Sorry... I am glad you are enjoying Bunko and stuff Mom. If you talk to Daniel again ask him if he is getting my emails... he hasn´t responded to me yet. I hope you enjoyed confence mom. I will let you know If I get one of your letters. I haven´t got any letters here yet except for one, and it was from my old Companions Mom. It was really nice of her. 
 
Another group of missionaries have left the CCM and now my group of Missionaries is the Advanced group in the CCM. Only two more weeks. When a group gets ready to leave we do this tradition of singing ´God Be with you Until we Meet Again´ upstairs through the walls with the Hermanas. This was my second time, but this time, President Cardon came upstairs and stopped us. Some of the Latinos and stuff were getting to worked up, so we are not allowed to do it anymore. Now if we want to do it we have to do it downstairs and in a reverent manner. I think it will be just as fun. So I found out in the Spanish Hymn book ´Called to serve´ has 4 verses!!!!!!!!!! I translated them to English and it was so cool. In the English Hymn it only has 2 verses. I am gettting better at soccer (Fútbol). I have the nickname Lead foot because when I kick the ball I tend to kick it too hard, but it works well when I am playing defense. We got two new roomates today!!!! They are both from Peru!!! and one is going to Chiclayo with me. They do not even speak English, but I have learned enough Spanish to talk to them. I think my spanish is really getting better. I am excited to finally get out into the field in a couple of weeks. I hope everyone is getting there letters. I heard Yours Genevieve was torn into... That is wierd, but I guess it makes sense. There is nothing in the letters except a letter. But I am Glad it made it to you. Stephanie, I did not have your address until two weeks ago, so you should get yours this monday! 
 
Interesting story. ´We are teaching this fake investigador And we get on the topic of commandments and he seems to understand all of them, but he said he had a problem with one. He said he did not understand the ´Thou Shall Not Kill´. I go to explain it to him, and he straight up tells us that he has killed before. I was shocked and did not know what to say. I probably had my mouth open. My companion started talking to him, but I had no idea about what. And then our Investigator Hermano Juan said that ´Yeah I have killed my cat before´ I was so releaved. I just wasn´t prepared for that. Haha. But I learned a good lesson. Always be prepared for anything.
 
Ashley Rawlins!!!!! Congratulations on your Mission Call!!! That is super exciting and I wish you the best!
 
One more cool thing. So in Spanish Jospeh Smith is José Smith. I was thinking about that and well my middle name is Joseph. So in Spanish my middle name is José!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I think that is all I have for this week. I hope everyone is doing well! I love hearing from you. It makes my Preperation day amazing.
 
Yo soy un misionero de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias. Yo soy un representante del Senor Jesucristo. Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial. Nosotros somos ninos de Dios. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y Redentor. Por medio La Expiacion nosotros podemos volver vivir con Dios. Yo se que familias es eterno. Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que El Libro De Mormón es las palabras de Dios. Yo se que José Smith fue un Propheta de Dios, y Thomas S. Monson es un Propheta de Dios. 
 
Love 
 
Elder Peabody 

No comments:

Post a Comment