Me 2013

Me 2013

Monday, February 17, 2014

Semana #23

Hello Family and friends,

I hope everyone had a good valintines day! As a missionary it is pretty uneventful, other then the fact that I am in Peru. I had a really great week. Lots of new investigadors. We had 8 investigadors asist church on Sunday. The most I have every had was 4. And of the 8, five were were asisting for the first time. The ward here has started to be a lot more helpful. We went out with a group of 10 youth in the ward and they helped us find a lot of new people to teach. 

I have two baptisms next saturday. Two little girls. One is named Estephany, 13 yrs old, and her sister is Brinda, 9 yrs old. Her mom is not very active, but gave us permision to baptise her daughters. It is amazing  an I am so happy for there decisions to be baptised. 

So one night I was all ready in bed. I had brushed my teeth, and said my prayes. I sleep on the top bunk. And my companion started talking to me about our plans for the next day. He looked at me and saw a insect near my head and told me. I jumped quickly to the other side of the bed and he told me to look, but I couldn´t see becasue my I didn´t have my glasses. So my companion got my glasses, and when I saw the bug I jumped out of my bed. It was a giant bug. It kinda looked like a cockaroach, but had different designes and had different colors. We got rid of it, and then I sprayed my bed with the bug repellent. I have the most fear of bugs of the 4 missionaries in my apartment, and of course I am the one with the giant bug in my bed. Haha

So I dropped my camera this week, and had to buy a new one today. I am excited to use it when it finsishes charging. So I changed american money in the streets with some stranger. My pencionista said I could trust him, becuase she exchanges her brothers money with the same guy. I felt like I was doing something illegal. Haha. I got permision this morning to go to the biggest mall in Chiclayo. Normally missionaries aren´t allowed there because all of the girls, but I called the president of my mission and told him I needed a new camera, and my penchinista said they are the cheapest in the mall. I told him I would go with my Pencionista also. So I got to go, and I ate mcdonalds. I am not a big fan of macdonalds but it was nice to eat something not so foreighn. The mall was really nice. It was kinda like the malls in the U.S.A. Giant, outdoors mall. I even saw a few american tourists. When I bought my camera the women asked me in spanish ´are you paying in cash´. But for some reason I heard ´is it disfunctional´. So I responded ´no nothing is disfuntional´ She must of thought I was crazy.  

Well I have to get going! I hope everyone had a great Valentines. I am grateful for all of your support! Things are great here in Peru. Next week I will know for sure If I am leaving my first area, but I won´t know where! I don´t really want to leave this area. I have grown to love and know this ward. And I will miss the ward, and the people I have baptised, and there are so many more people who are investidading who I want to continue to see progress in the Gospel. But I have 4 and a half months here in Chiclayo Central 9 de Octubre. So I will probably be leaving. I love everyone. 

Gracias por todos. Extraño todos. Estoy feliz ser sirviendo un misión aquí en Chiclayo Perú  Estoy feliz por todos misioneros. Estoy feliz por mi familia y mis amigos. Se que el evangelio de Jesucristo es verdad. La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santo de los Últimos Días es la Iglesia verdadera en la tierra. Estoy feliz ser compartiendo esta testimonio con la gente aquí en Perú. 

Con mucho Amor,
Elder Peabody

No comments:

Post a Comment